Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Something to take note of

I watched a little bit of Pres Obama's speech last night about the BP oil leak... at one point he mentioned that 'even China is investing in Clean Energy' and used that as part of his platform to get away from fossil fuels.

Perhaps someone should look into how much of the Alberta Oilsands China has invested in too ;) It's been in the news over the past few months just how much China has invested in and bought. Hmm....

Anyway I just thought it was funny. My ex works in the coal mines in BC and their top two buyers were Japan and China. China owns or has money invested in a huge chunk of the Alberta Oilsands. Yet the US Pres uses China as an example of a country who is investing in clean energy. ???

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Disclaimer

These are my views and opinions. If you don't agree or think I am sadly misguided, that is your view. Feel free to share your thoughts but I also reserve my right to moderate content (IE foul language, excessive flaming, etc).