Friday, March 25, 2011

Supercentarian Turns 112

Heartfelt birthday wishes go out to Mrs Cora Hansen yet again :) Our family friend turned 112 today!!! Wow! She was born on March 25, 1899. I first met her when I was 6 years old and moved to her former town, Elkwater Alberta. What an amazing woman!

I was doing a search on her today looking for any info that might be out there and found some interesting stuff.  I found an old  Legislative Assembly  Of Saskatchewan's minutes form where Mrs Hansen and her family were discussed :)  http://www.legassembly.sk.ca/hansard/24L3S/020527Hansard.pdf . Her info is on page 5/30. I cannot copy and paste the copyrighted material but it was written in 2002 and wished Mrs Hansen a Happy 103rd Birthday, and mentioned that her name was engraved on a bronze commerative plaque at the Legislative Building on June 27, 2001. Also, she was made a member of the Three Centuries Club.


Story from the Medicine Hat News, March 26, 2011. Click to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Disclaimer

These are my views and opinions. If you don't agree or think I am sadly misguided, that is your view. Feel free to share your thoughts but I also reserve my right to moderate content (IE foul language, excessive flaming, etc).