Monday, July 23, 2012

A Year to the Day

Well, 52 weeks to the day, to be exact.

I have not seen too much comparison between the Aurora CO theatre shooting, and the mass shooting/bombing in Norway last year but it seems very strange to me. Technically, Sunday marked one year to the calendar day (July 22) of the terrible Norway shooting and bombing that resulted in about 77 deaths, but it happened last year on Friday July 22 because 2012 is a leap year, and if you move forward 52 weeks, you find the Aurora CO shooting which involved mass deaths, over 70 people being shot, as well as an apartment rigged to the gills with explosives. Well armed and supplied gunman. Acting alone (at least physically alone). Targeting a place where it was pretty assured that not many others would be armed (youth camp, movie opening), and a lot of young people. 52 weeks apart. I just find it a strange coincidence. Maybe there is no comparison to be made and one had absolutely nothing to do with the other, I don't know of course, it's just eerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Disclaimer

These are my views and opinions. If you don't agree or think I am sadly misguided, that is your view. Feel free to share your thoughts but I also reserve my right to moderate content (IE foul language, excessive flaming, etc).