Monday, May 10, 2010

Supercentarian

I finally got hold of the March 25 2010 article with a photo of our family friend, Cora Hansen, who celebrated her 111th birthday that day :) I met her when I was 7 years old and we had moved to Elkwater, Alberta in Cypress Hills Provincial Park (1980). Mrs Hansen lived there for many years, until well into her 90s. She is an awesome lady and Alberta's oldest woman on record. I believe she is in the top 4 for oldest people in all of Canada, according to several online Supercentarian records.

I will also link this post to my previous post from March 2009 that marked Mrs Hansen's 110th birthday, which is linked to from Wikipedia and several other sites.

photo appeared in the Thursday, March 25, 2010 edition of the Medicine Hat News on page A2

And just for fun, this is a photo of my mother (back left), me, and my oldest son visiting Cora in 1998 in her old house at Elkwater. She was 99 years old in this photo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Disclaimer

These are my views and opinions. If you don't agree or think I am sadly misguided, that is your view. Feel free to share your thoughts but I also reserve my right to moderate content (IE foul language, excessive flaming, etc).