Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Transparent 2

Is it just me or is the word 'transparency' being highly overused now? It's starting to get on my last nerve lol.

I just saw a new CBC commercial, telling viewers that CBC will be 'more transparent'. Huh?

I've heard the word used by several govts (including our own) since the declaration of 'more transparency' from the US govt, but now the CBC is at it as well?

I hear this term being used every single day by various news organizations, politicians, govt heads and now... the CBC. I get the feeling the definition of transparency is going to be lost in translation and become more like increased opacity.

3 comments:

  1. I thought the CBC was completely transparent, that's why we call them the Communist Broadcasting Corp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol well apparently they are going to be even 'more transparent' now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. .
    """"Transparency"""""

    It's the "New Redacted"

    In a "Brave New World" sort of way.

    ReplyDelete

*Disclaimer

These are my views and opinions. If you don't agree or think I am sadly misguided, that is your view. Feel free to share your thoughts but I also reserve my right to moderate content (IE foul language, excessive flaming, etc).